Cinderella・Episode 3: A Royal Message
Episode 3: A Royal Message・
第三集:皇家消息
The next morning, a trumpet blew loudly.
第二天早上,号角声响亮地吹起。
"A royal messenger!" stepmother cried.
"是皇家信使!" 继母喊道。
Stepmother and her daughters ran outside.
继母和她的女儿们跑到外面。
Cinderella wiped her hands on her apron. Then she followed them.
灰姑娘在围裙上擦了擦手,然后跟了上去。
"I wonder what the message is," she thought.
"不知道是什么消息。" 她想。
A big crowd was outside. The royal messenger sat on a horse.
外面有一大群人,皇家信使骑在马上。
He held a long piece of paper.
他手里拿着一张长长的纸。
The messenger said, "This is a very important message. The prince is hosting a ball. All fine ladies in the kingdom are invited."
信使说:"这是一个非常重要的消息。王子要举办一场舞会,王国里所有的淑女都被邀请了。"
Several ladies said at once. Cinderella's stepsisters clapped with delight.
几位女士立刻说道。灰姑娘的继姐妹们高兴地拍手。
"We're going to the prince's ball!" Gert cried.
"我们要去参加王子的舞会了!" 格特喊道。
Trudy's eyes lit up. "This is so exciting," she said. "Maybe the prince will ask me to marry him."
特鲁迪的眼睛亮了起来。"太令人兴奋了。" 她说,"也许王子会向我求婚呢。"
Gert snorted. "No way, Trudy. The Prince will fall in love with me. I'm beautiful and tall."
格特嗤之以鼻。"不可能,特鲁迪。王子会爱上我的,我又漂亮又高。"
Trudy put her hands on her hips. "Well, I'm beautiful and plump."
特鲁迪双手叉腰。"哼,我又漂亮又丰满。"
"Girls," stepmother said, "you're both beautiful."
"姑娘们," 继母说,"你们都很漂亮。"
"A ball," Cinderella said softly. "There will be music and dancing. It will be so much fun."
"舞会," 灰姑娘轻声说,"会有音乐和舞蹈,一定会很有趣的。"
Stepmother laughed loudly. "You're not going to the ball. You are not a fine lady."
继母大声笑道。"你不能去舞会,你不是什么淑女。"