Episode 5: A Visitor・
第五集:一位访客

Cinderella felt awful.
灰姑娘感觉糟透了。

Her stepsisters were at the Fancy Ball, but she was home alone.
她的继姐妹们在豪华舞会上,而她独自在家。

"I wish I could go to the ball."
"我真希望我能去舞会。"

Cinderella wiped away her tears.
灰姑娘擦去眼泪。

"I must not feel sorry for myself," she said. "I have lots of work to do."
"我不能自怜。" 她说,"我有很多活要干。"

Cinderella got a rag and a bucket.
灰姑娘拿了一块抹布和一个桶。

She got down on her hands and knees and she began to scrub.
她趴在地上,开始擦洗。

Cinderella heard something. "What was that?" she thought.
灰姑娘听到了什么声音。"那是什么?" 她想。

She went outside. There was a small woman at the fountain.
她走到外面,喷泉边有一个小个子女人。

She had sparkling wings.
她有闪闪发光的翅膀。

"Oops," she said, "I'm all wet."
"哎呀," 她说,"我全身都湿了。"

Cinderella gasped. "Who are you?"
灰姑娘倒吸一口气。"你是谁?"

"I'm your fairy godmother," the woman said.
"我是你的仙女教母。" 女人说。

She stood up and flapped her wings.
她站起来,抖了抖翅膀。

The fairy flew over to Cinderella.
仙女飞到灰姑娘身边。

"I'm here to check on you," she said. "I wanted to make sure you're okay."
"我来看看你。" 她说,"我想确认你没事。"

Cinderella stared in surprise. Suddenly, she burst into tears.
灰姑娘惊讶地盯着她,突然大哭起来。

"Oh, my dear," the fairy said. "What's wrong? Tell me."
"哦,亲爱的。" 仙女说,"怎么了?告诉我。"

"I'm not okay," Cinderella said. "My life is terrible. I work and work and work."
"我不好。" 灰姑娘说,"我的生活太糟糕了,我不停地干活、干活、干活。"

"And tonight you want to go to the ball?" the fairy said.
"而今晚你想去舞会?" 仙女说。

Cinderella sniffed. "Yes."
灰姑娘抽了抽鼻子。"是的。"

But the fairy smiled brightly. "Then you will go."
仙女灿烂地笑了。"那你就去吧。"

标签: none